Search This Blog

Thursday, August 22, 2019

HONEY BUNS--YUM! YUM!

Not too long ago The Texas Spur ran this recipe for honey buns.  I used to LOVE to heat up a honey bun, put a little butter on it and let it melt while I ate all of it. So, yesterday I made the dough and refrigerated it until about 10:00 pm, took it out and let it rise all night. This dough is so rich that it rises very slowly and I wanted to get them baked by 9:00 am so I let it rise during the night.



 I have already taken out mine and Bobby's and I took the rest to the courthouse to let them sample and also to get temptation out of sight!
This recipe is from Angelina LaRue's Food Bytes column. 
Homemade Honey Buns Dough:
1/4 C warm water
1 pkg. dry yeast or 2 1/4 tsp.
1 3/4 C all-purpose flour
1 3/4 C bread flour
2 tsp. salt
1/3 C honey
6 eggs (I used jumbo)
3/4 C (1 1/2 sticks) softened

1.  Dissolve the yeast in the water.
2.  Add the honey and eggs one at a time while beating.
3.  Gradually add the dry ingredients.  You will need more flour if you use large eggs.
4.  Add the butter 2 T at a time.
5.  Knead on a floured board for 5 or 6 minutes.
6.  Place in a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
7.  Flour a large board and roll the dough out to 14x18 inches.
8.  Put the filling on.  Slather on the butter, sprinkle with sugar, and drizzle with honey.
9.  Slice into 12 equal pieces.  I use a strong thread to cut the dough.
10.  Bake at 375 degrees.
11.  Drizzle the glaze on the rolls while they are hot and still in the pan. I left them in the pan to serve them.

FILLING:
4 T granulated sugar.  I probably used a little more.
1/3 C honey
4 T butter

GLAZE:
Don't skip this part! It really adds to the bun.
2 C powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk.  I think I used less.  I just added enough milk to make it sort of runny after I added to honey.
2 T honey.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,
    Thank you so much for the post you do and also I like your post, Are you looking for Buy Apple Celato , Cheetah Plss, Grandi Guava, Horchata, Blue Gotti,Ruby Red,Italian Ice, Insane Christmas Lights, Rainbow Chip, INSANE Hony Moon, NO MORE Partiez, NO MORE Partiez, Hony Bun, White Runtz, buy horchata online, Buy Rainbow Chip online, buy Blue Gotti online, buy Ruby Red online, buy Italian Ice online, buy Insane Christmas Lights online, Buy INSANE Hony Moon online, Buy NO MORE Parties online, Buy White Cherry Celato online, Buy Peanut Butter Celato online, Buy Lechoza online, Buy Grandi Candi online, Buy Chronic carts online, Buy Cannabis Chocolate Chip Cookies online, Buy Cannabis Trim Capsules online, Buy Blue Diamond Vape Cartridge online,
    with the well price and our services are very fast.
    Click here for
    Call us: +1406 9441867‬

    Email: info@backpackexotics.com

    ReplyDelete