Search This Blog

Monday, June 4, 2012

IT SEEMS LIKE I JUST GOT HERE AND NOW IT'S TIME TO LEAVE!!

It was twilight when I left, so you can barely see the sign that says, "ANDREWS LOVES GOD, COUNTY AND SUPPORTS FREE ENTERPRISE."   This sign welcomes everyone as they drive in from the East, and one I could have photographed in broad daylight many times, but I think it is appropriate at the end of the day, because this is the end of a 26 year career in education.  I am glad that I finished the last two years of this career at Andrews ISD.
It was a long, hot, hard day loading up, and I stayed after Bobby and Jody left with the truck and the trailer so I could clean the apartment.  I was exhausted when I finished,  and reached in my purse to get my one and only key to the car--the key was GONE!  I couldn't believe it, because I had been so careful to always put my it back in my purse, but it was gone.  After my melt down, I finally decided to start unloading the car, and haul everything back into the apartment,  and go home with my dear sister-in-law for the weekend (it was Saturday night).  I opened the hatch to get the first load, and glanced down. There  was the key sitting neatly right in front of my eyes!  Of course, I was ecstatic, and asked the Lord to forgive me for all my bad words, and thanked Him  over and over, and continue to thank Him for all my blessings.  I got home about 12:30, too tired to even sleep, and once again I have  decided that moving is hell! 
To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment