Search This Blog

Friday, March 16, 2012

THIS IS WHERE I LIVE...

I moved from Montana to Lubbock, Texas the fall of my sophomore year, because I didn't like the home economics department at MSU-Bozeman, and Tech had a highly rated school of home economics, with cheap out of state tuition, and warmer climate than Ames, Iowa (another possibility).  So, Mom did all the paper work, and the folks loaded me and my belongings in the Buick, and headed for Lubbock.  I was standing on the steps of the Tech library when they left me, and I waved until they went out of sight.  I graduated and re-enrolled in graduate school.  It was during this time I met Bobby, and we married.  I have lived in West Texas longer than I did in Montana, and have learned to love this country in spite of the sandstorms, drought, heat, and cold.  I hope you will take time to look at Wyman Meinzer's photo collection about this part of the world (I guarantee you will like the music), and you just might be surprised at the beauty, and see why I call this home, even though I will always be a Montanan.

1 comment:

  1. Wow.
    Can I just say....if the video hadn't been labeled "West Texas", I'd have sworn it was Eastern Montana. No wonder you feel at home there!

    (Except those whitetail bucks are scary big...)

    Loved it!

    ReplyDelete