Last week Mom and I went to the Main Street Deli for supper. The place is decorated somewhat like a tea room, and has a few books on the shelves along with some dishes, and other stuff for cozy, homey atmosphere. I looked at the books while waiting for a cheeseburger and found the Ritz-Carlton cookbook. So, here is their recipe for blueberry muffins, and I am trying it this morning.
RITZY BLUEBERRY MUFFINS Bake at 375
8 T butter (one stick). I used olive oil to cut the sat. fat.
5 eggs (I used jumbos)
1/2 C milk
1 1/2 C sugar
3 1/2 C sifted flour (sift and then measure)
1 tbs. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt (if you are using salted butter). I used a tsp.
4 C fresh blueberries (I used frozen, and they are just as good)
1 pt. ice cream
METHOD OF PREPARATION
1. Grease muffin tins with 2 T butter and line with paper.
2. Melt the butter and beat it in with the milk and eggs so they are emulsified.
3. Measure the sifted flour into a large bowl and add the rest of the dry ingredients.
4. Blend the dry ingredients well.
5. Dump the milk, egg, butter emulsion into the dry ingredients.
6. Stir only until mixed and don't over mix. That is what makes them peak with tunnels, and they won't win the county fair.
7. Serve with a dollop of the ice cream and then go jog a couple of miles.
Now that I know this is good, I will put chopped pecans in them the next go around!