Mom sent me this recipe years ago, and her hand written, plain, index card is stained with much use and yellowing with age. Maybe some of you would like to have some healthy, tastey, whole wheat bread for a change. Here goes!
WHOLE WHEAT BREAD submitted to some paper that Mom read by Victoia Seitz--Roundup, Montana
10 cups whole wheat flour or 2 1/2 C
1 C oil or 1/4 C
1 Tblsp. salt or 1 1/2 tsp.
8 C warm water or 2 C
5 Tblsp yeast or 1 Tblsp. and 1 tsp.
10 C white flour or 2 1/2
2 C honey or 1/2 C
1. Put whole wheat flour into a big bowl, a dishpan if you are making the full recipe!
2. Pour the warm water over the flour.
3. Drizzle the honey over all this.
4. Sprinkle the yeast on top of the honey, and DO NOT STIR.
5. Place in a warm spot and cover with a moist dish towel.
In 15 minutes to an hour many bubbles will appear as the yeast goes to work on the honey, and begins to
grow and produce carbon dioxide, which is the leavening agent in bread.