I made Cheese Herb Rolls and placed 7th. Bummer! Oh well, better luck next year. Here is the recipe in case you want to try.
CHEESE HERB ROLLS
2 Tbs. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. oregano
3/4 tsp. basil
I add a shake of chipped red pepper, too.
2 pkg. yeast
1 C milk or potato water
1/4 C oil
1 C mashed potatoes
2 C shredded cheese
1. Combine yeast, salt, sugar, herbs with milk. Stir to dissolve the yeast.
2. Add the oil, eggs, mashed potatoes, and the cheese and stir until blended.
3. Add 2 C of flour and begin mixing. I use bread flour.
4. Add enough flour to make a dough that can be kneaded.
5. Knead for about 10 minutes. Let rise. Make into rolls. Let rise.
6. Bake in 400 degree oven.
Roberto's chili was absolutely the best--spicey, hot with amazing flavor. The judges just don't know what is good. Back to the drawing board to study for better results. It was fun.