I used a little rosemary, along with fresh onions, chopped garlic and sliced tomatoes. Next time, I am leaving the rosemary off.
Brush the crust with some olive oil, then add the sauce, chopped veggies, cheese, and last the pepperoni. Next time I'll put the veggies on top of the pepperoni.
The crust was crisp, and yet tender. Add lots of chipped pepper, and enjoy! So this is my new pizza crust for a while--not my invention, but Williams-Sonoma's.
1 1/2 tsp. active dry yeast
1 tsp. sugar
3/4 C warm water
1 C cake flour
1 C or more all purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
2 T olive oil
1. Mix the yeast, sugar, and salt in the water, and let stand until the yeast is dissolved.
2. Add the oil, and cake flour, and mix with the dough hook.
3. Gradually add the all purpose flour, and continue mixing and adding flour until a soft dough is formed.
4. Turn out on a floured board and knead thoroughly.
5. I put the dough in a Tupperware covered bowl to rise; the bowl acts like a proofing oven.
6. After it has doubled, put the ball of dough in a greased pizza pan, and press it to cover the bottom and form "sideboard." Bake at 425 until lightly browned.
7. Add your favorite sauce, and toppings. Bake again until done.
I like it!